[horde] Firefox 10 & Horde Dynamic Mail

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 01:03:09 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I don't expect anyone to solve the problem on here - but this something I wanted to check with the group.

I am still using the older version of Horde GroupWare Webmail Edition 1.2.9 - using the Dynamic (dimp H3 1.1.6) version of the webmail.

Recently, my linux distro updated me to Firefox 10.  Problems began.

When using Dynamic webmail, I noticed that a lot of times - I would click to show an e-mail but it would not display in the reading pane.  Upon further investigation, I thought it was based on a content type.  All of the messages that wouldn't open had these content type:

text/plan; charset=ISO-8859-1

However, looking at some of the other messages that do open in the reading pane, some of them also show the ISO-8859-1 charset as well.

The only time I can read the e-mail is if I go into Traditional view - or double-click the e-mail in Dynamic view to open a new window and display the e-mail.

I can live with that - but this next part I can't.

If I try to reply to the message, the contents of the e-mail that I am replying to simply shows:

null

So, when replying to an e-mail, Dynamic mail won't even reply to the e-mail properly.

I tried Firefox 10 on both Unbutu Linux and Windows XP - and the same thing occurs.  So it definitely is something with Firefox 10.

I downgraded to Firefox 8.0.1 - and the problem went away.  Everything works fine.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any kind of issue like this.  Really sad that I have to downgrade a browser in order for the Dynamic mail to work.

Also - anyone running the newest version of Horde Dynamic mail - if you use Firefox 10, do you see the same kinds of problems every now and then?

Thank you!

Brian S.