[horde] Just not to waste time... Horde doesn't find select pear libraries

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Feb 19 20:41:33 UTC 2012

With the latest suse factory build and latest horde master I experience
a strange behaviour when I use a fresh developer installation of horde
(checkout from git.horde.org, configure the install_dev.conf, set the
absolute path to the git checkout in registry.local.conf, copy
conf.php.dist to conf.php) on a fresh system. I haven't yet verified
this against a known previously working installation so this is a
request for help/input/ideas rather than a bug report (which would go to
bugs.horde.org)

Horde doesn't find select pear packages.

It does find pear date but not HTTP_Request.

Date: Yes
HTTP_Request: No
Parts of Horde (Jonah, the XML-RPC client/server) use the HTTP_Request
library to retrieve URLs and do other HTTP requests.
HTTP_WebDAV_Server: No
The HTTP_WebDAV_Server is required if you want to use the WebDAV
interface of Horde, e.g. to access calendars or tasklists with external
clients.
MDB2: Yes

HTTP_Request is installed and I hacked a small verification script into
the php shell: any call to the class from within horde terminates
because of class not found. But I can read the file via
file_get_contents. Explicitly requiring by absolute path doesn't help.

Some other pear classes show up as installed though.

Don't waste any time on this, I will do so tomorrow. I just thought it
might be a good idea to ping the list if somebody has ran into this and
can show me I made some dumb mistake.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer