[horde] Horde / openSUSE / Packages[Was: Horde Tables Not Created]

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Feb 20 21:47:20 UTC 2012

Am 12.07.2011 17:18, schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:
> On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 16:43 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>>> Use the RPMs from server:php:applications instead.
>>> In 12.1, these will be in the standard distribution repo.
>> Interesting;  I'd like to do that.
>> How rapidly are these packages updated?  I'll take a look at what impact
>> it will have on performing custom modifications.

It depends. Even in the extreme worst case scenario we experienced last
week with the horde servers unavailable, the recent Horde4 packages were
available about as fast as you would have downloaded them after reading
the announce mail. And this was with OpenBuildservice having a severe
damage and rebuilding its archives from sources completely. However,
while we even ship most recent horde3+imp+dimp for openSUSE 11.4 out of
security considerations, I only submit regular bugfix releases to the
server:php:applications repository, subsequently to factory and to the
latest stable release (12.1 as of now). All currently maintained older
versions will only receive critical bugfixes for currently supported
horde versions (like latest mozilla breaking) and any security patches
available. This is due to time constraints. I haven't scripted this yet.

OpenSUSE 12.1 was the last revision to ship horde3. As I expect it to
EOL by April 2012 I have removed it from factory. It won't ship on 12.2.
After a grace period when 12.1 runs out of support, all things horde3
will be removed from server:php:applications, too. Horde 3 was a fine
and long-running product but I'm not supporting bitrot.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de