[horde] Horde 4 Debian 6 Install Guide for Dummies

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Tue Feb 21 10:30:51 UTC 2012

Zitat von Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> [...]
>
> root at hawkins:~# pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
> Adding Channel "pear.horde.org" succeeded
> Discovery of channel "pear.horde.org" succeeded
>
> mkdir /var/www/webmail
>
> root at hawkins:~# pear config-create /var/www/webmail
> /var/www/webmail/pear.conf
> Configuration (channel pear.php.net):
> =====================================
> Auto-discover new Channels     auto_discover    <not set>
> Default Channel                default_channel  pear.php.net
> HTTP Proxy Server Address      http_proxy       <not set>
> PEAR server [DEPRECATED]       master_server    <not set>
> Default Channel Mirror         preferred_mirror <not set>
> Remote Configuration File      remote_config    <not set>
> PEAR executables directory     bin_dir          /var/www/webmail/pear
> PEAR documentation directory   doc_dir          /var/www/webmail/pear/docs
> PHP extension directory        ext_dir          /var/www/webmail/pear/ext
> PEAR directory                 php_dir          /var/www/webmail/pear/php
> PEAR Installer cache directory cache_dir        /var/www/webmail/pear/cache
> PEAR configuration file        cfg_dir          /var/www/webmail/pear/cfg
> directory
> PEAR data directory            data_dir         /var/www/webmail/pear/data
> PEAR Installer download        download_dir
> /var/www/webmail/pear/download
> directory
> PHP CLI/CGI binary             php_bin          <not set>
> php.ini location               php_ini          <not set>
> - --program-prefix passed to     php_prefix       <not set>
> PHP's ./configure
> - --program-suffix passed to     php_suffix       <not set>
> PHP's ./configure
> PEAR Installer temp directory  temp_dir         /var/www/webmail/pear/temp
> PEAR test directory            test_dir         /var/www/webmail/pear/tests
> PEAR www files directory       www_dir          /var/www/webmail/pear/www
> Cache TimeToLive               cache_ttl        <not set>
> Preferred Package State        preferred_state  <not set>
> Unix file mask                 umask            <not set>
> Debug Log Level                verbose          <not set>
> PEAR password (for             password         <not set>
> maintainers)
> Signature Handling Program     sig_bin          <not set>
> Signature Key Directory        sig_keydir       <not set>
> Signature Key Id               sig_keyid        <not set>
> Package Signature Type         sig_type         <not set>
> PEAR username (for             username         <not set>
> maintainers)
> User Configuration File        Filename         /var/www/webmail/pear.conf
> System Configuration File      Filename         #no#system#config#
> Successfully created default configuration file "/var/www/webmail/pear.conf"
>
> root at hawkins:~# pear -c /var/www/webmail/pear.conf install pear
> No releases available for package "pear.php.net/pear"

This sounds really weird and broken. Does "pear update-channels" help?

> I did the same on debian 6 squeeze:

> Successfully created default configuration file "/var/www/webmail/pear.conf"
>
> root at coleman:~ # pear -c /var/www/webmail/pear.conf install pear
> pear/pear is already installed and is the same as the released version 1.9.4
> install failed

This means that /var/www/webmail already contains the PEAR base package.

> root at coleman:~ # webmail-install
> PHP Warning:  require_once(/var/www/webmail/lib/Application.php): failed
> to open stream: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden in
> /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
>
> Warning: require_once(/var/www/webmail/lib/Application.php): failed to
> open stream: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden in
> /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
> '/var/www/webmail/lib/Application.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
> /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
>
> Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
> '/var/www/webmail/lib/Application.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
> /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17

Look at the INSTALL instructions:

http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#finishing-installation

You must run

PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/var/www/webmail php \
     -d include_path=/var/www/webmail/pear/php \
     /var/www/webmail/pear/webmail-install