[horde] Horde 4 Debian 6 Install Guide for Dummies

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Tue Feb 21 16:16:13 UTC 2012

Hi and thank you for these steps

Am 21.02.2012 16:58, schrieb Ralf Lang:
>> What I need is a step by step guide, WHAT belongs to WHAT and WHERE
>> should this and that be installed.
>
>> Look, I just want a Horde 4 installed on my Debian 6, it can not be so
>> hard. So I wonder a lot why the documentation is made for super pear
>> gurus only.
>> I am very familiar with Linux, I use it since nearly 10 years and can
>> handle Horde 3 very good meanwhile. I also helped other Horde 3 users
>> fixing their problems.
>
> It's not hard at all if you stick to the procedure. Install the
libraries to the default pear dir.

> First get the channel
>
> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
>
> Then the Role
>
> pear install Horde_Role
##: pear install horde/horde_role
downloading Horde_Role-1.0.0.tgz ...
Starting to download Horde_Role-1.0.0.tgz (2,304 bytes)
....done: 2,304 bytes
install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Role-1.0.0
horde/Horde_Role has post-install scripts:
/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php
Horde_Role: Use "pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role" to finish setup.
DO NOT RUN SCRIPTS FROM UNTRUSTED SOURCES

Is this the expected result?

> Then tell Horde_Role where your web dir is by running exactly the
commandline which the output of above command gives your
I now ran "pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role" and got:

Including external post-installation script
"/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - any errors are in
this script
Inclusion succeeded
running post-install script "Horde_Role_postinstall->init()"
init succeeded
Filesystem location for the base Horde application :
/var/www/domain/mailoffice
Configuration successfully saved to PEAR config.
Install scripts complete

If this is the expected result, what does it MEAN now? Until now, what
has been installed? Any Apps installed? Or any modules?
What did I get?

> THEN install the horde/webmail pattern with --alldeps or just horde

What do you mean with 'Horde/Webmail 'pattern''?

Do you now mean (all or some of) the steps in '3.2   Installing into
separate PEAR'?

Or do I have to 'pear install -a horde/webmail' as written in step
'3.1   Installing with PEAR'?

> You probably don't want php-suhosin around.
> You probably want the version php-hash, php-tokenizer etc which are
provided by debian.

Unfortunately it doesnt find hash and tokenizer:

##: apt-cache search php |grep hash
No result here
##: apt-cache search php |grep token
php-codesniffer - tokenises PHP code and detects violations of a defined
set of coding standards

Which modules you mean by 'etc...' - there are a lot of them.