[horde] Horde4 how to get apache basic auth to provide username and password to Horde

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Tue Feb 21 17:43:30 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 21 February 2012 15:54:23 Paul Harmsworth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to solve the following:
> Apache requires a password for authenticaion for my website. Is it possible
> for Horde to reuse the username and password already provided? I expect
> that it is but I cannot find out how. I would like to avoid users having
> to logon once for Apache an then again for Horde.

I think it should be easy, Horde is able to reuse the USER already
authenticated by Apache, transmitted by the php superglobal _SERVER variable.

The "HTTP (Basic Authenticaztion...)" plugin does this. These plugins are
located under the PEAR repository, under Horde/Auth/

Perhaps a few modifications would be necesary depending on your needs ?

HTH,
--
Xavier Montagutelli
http://twitter.com/#!/XMontagutelli