[horde] Wrong Birthday entry in Contacts ActiveSync & Andoird ICS 4.0.2

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Mar 1 15:39:49 UTC 2012

Quoting Daniel Basa <daniel at luli.de>:

> Am 01.03.2012 15:57, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Daniel Basa <daniel at luli.de>:
>>
>>> Hi List!
>>>
>>> back again with an ActiveSync Android problem. This time I think that
>>> it's not a problem with horde, but I would like to know if someone is
>>> experiencing the same issue.
>>>
>>> Since January I sync my Contacts and my Calendars using Horde. The first
>>> two months I also had the google contact on my phone, but I did a whipe
>>> today and resynced with horde.
>>> Problem is, that all contact's birthday dates are wrong by one (or two?)
>>> days. They are correct in horde's addressbook and I checked the sync log
>>> and noticed birthdays of contacts in there were correct too. Question is
>>> why are the birthdays on my phone wrong?
>>>
>>> Anybody has the same issue? Perhaps a bug with google? Because of leap
>>> year?
>>
>> Earlier Android "Contact" apps did not even support birthdays and would
>> display them exactly as sent i.e., as the standard date/time string in
>> UTC. The app in ICS, though, does have support for the birthday field
>> and is working for on my Galaxy Nexus device.
>>
>> If you generate a sync log that includes the contact data being sent to
>> the device, I can try to take a look and see if anything weird pops out.
>> Also, does the timezone on the device match the timezone in your Horde
>> account prefs? Just grasping at straws though since it shouldn't really
>> matter; I don't see how tz can matter since tz data is not sent as part
>> of the protocol for contact messages.
>>
>> Anyway, see http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync for more information on how
>> to debug, provide log files etc...
>
> Timezone and date are the same on horde, the server and my device.
>
> What exactly do you need in my Sync-Log to be? I am syncing ~100
> contacts and I don't want to publish their names, numbers addresses etc.
> If I can cut out the part with the personal information then I can
> provide the log. Otherwise it would be a bit problematic changing
> numbers names addresses etc for 100 contacts. Another possibility would
> be to crop all contacts execpt for one with a brithday.

To be the *most* helpful, I would need the entire conversation between
horde/device for a fresh contact sync - there is information exchanged
during the *initial* contact sync that indicates supported/ghosted
field names (the SUPPORTED responses if you are looking at the logs).
However, for the actual contact data itself, it should be fine if you
just include one with a birthday. It might also be helpful if you
could provide the value of the birthday field, as it exists in the
contacts backend that horde is using.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)