[horde] When installing horde to a custom pear location

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Mar 2 17:20:24 UTC 2012

Am 02.03.2012 18:12, schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> When installing horde to a custom pear location, you need to run the
>> pear of your custom location, not the system pear with the custom
>> location's config.
>>
>> So the steps would be:
>>
>> *1 mkdir /srv/horde
>> 2 pear config-create /srv/horde/ /srv/horde/pear.conf
>> *3 pear -c /srv/horde/pear.conf install PEAR
>>
>> as the install docs say but then:
>>
>> 4 /srv/horde/pear/pear -c /srv/horde/pear.conf channel-discover
>> pear.horde.org
>> 5 /srv/horde/pear/pear -c /srv/horde/pear.conf run-scripts
>> horde/Horde_Role
>> 6 /srv/horde/pear/pear -c /srv/horde/pear.conf install --alldeps
>> horde/groupware
>>
>> Otherwise running the Horde_Role script will fail saying
>>
>> config-set (horde_dir, /srv/horde/, user) failed, channel pear.php.net
>>
>> This was experienced on SLES11SP1, SLES11SP2 and openSUSE Factory.
>>
>> I did not test this for any debian based products yet.
>
> That's what the install docs say too.

Yes, nothing is wrong with the docs. People often just scan or don't
notice the difference and then things go wrong.

As we had this recent discussion on the list, I just made this blog post
/ mail. It may help people read what is there and not read what they
think is written there.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer