[horde] horde replacement

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 4 22:47:42 UTC 2012

Am 04.03.2012 23:27, schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> If the bottom line on our side is that we have the
> impression that most users support the current path
> we took with PEAR then I hope you are able to accept
> that we continue on that road.

it's your road

mine is a package-managment where i can test a specific version
of software with all dependencies ona internal staging-server
with a internal repo and after test type "distribute-updates-sh"
to get it on all hosts

the work to build this packages has to be only a "wget source",
raise version nubmer and type "rpmbuild -bb package-spec"

your arguments about "the cloud" are nice but not so long ago everybode
talked about SOA, REST whatever buzzword you like, "the cloud" is only
a meaningless buzzword for people without technical knowledge

it will bever become that meaning some believe like "hey out
small peices of software around until nobody knows what is
running where and if it breaks nobody knows why" - in
professional environments you have your "own cloud" where
the pieces are virtual machines, but this does not not change
the architecture of applications himself

believe it or not - it is meaningful for people rely
on their data, for people responsible for the data of
their company or their customers and after enough damage
it will also get meaningless for users thought "hey i
put erevrytjing somewhere and others are responsible"

not my world!