[horde] Virtual host configuration

Francine.Bolduc at ti.csaffluents.qc.ca Francine.Bolduc at ti.csaffluents.qc.ca
Fri Mar 9 16:58:28 UTC 2012

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:51:25 -0500
From: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
To: horde at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [horde] Virtual host configuration
                 DelSp="Yes"

Quoting Francine.Bolduc at ti.csaffluents.qc.ca:

> Hi,
>
> I have been asked, first time ever, to work on Horde and to install the
> new version of Horde 4 and IMP 5. I have been working hard for weeks to
> understand that system, and can now send et receive emails et access the
> mail directory of our School Board. Unfortunetaly, I can't solve the
> problem of accessing Horde from two domain names :
>
> www.educsadev.org (for personel)
> www.elecsadev.org (for students)
>
> In httpd.conf, I have created 2 virtual hosts :
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
> ServerName www.elecsadev.org
> ServerAlias elecsadev.org
> ErrorLog logs/elecsadev-error_log
> CustomLog logs/elecsadev-access_log common
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php horde/imp/index.php
> Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/html/horde/rpc.php
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
> ServerName www.educsadev.org
> ServerAlias educsadev.org
> ErrorLog logs/educsadev-error_log
> CustomLog logs/educsadev-access_log common
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php horde/imp/index.php
> Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/html/horde/rpc.php
> </VirtualHost>
>
> In the configuration , I have put $conf[vhosts] at true and created 2
> configuation files in /horde/config/ :
>
> conf-educsadev.org.php
> conf-elecsadev.org.php
>
> But now, I don't know what to do from here.
> How Horde uses those files ?
> How can I create preferences for each ?

Horde will load the vhost-specific config file after is loads the
global config file, so you can override any per-vhost configuration in
the appropriate files. This works not just for the conf.php file, but
also for the other configuration files as well like, e.g., prefs.php

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org