[horde] Horde-alarms problem

Jens Gruentjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Sat Mar 10 17:15:13 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have a problem with the horde alarm system. My problem is quite
similar to the problem that was already discussed on this list (I
attached the conversation below). Unfortunately for me there was no
"solution" offered as information was missing. I can say that the user
www-data in my case has no local pear configuration. I installed horde
the standard way (no separate PEAR installation).

Is it recommended to run the alarm-script as root user or is a
non-priviledged-user preferred? What can I do to run the script as
user www-data?

I'm using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.6
turba-3.0.12
nag-3.0.7
ingo-2.0.7
horde-4.0.14