[horde] Horde 3 - Horde 4

Mark D. Montgomery II techiem2 at techiem2.net
Thu Mar 29 16:30:30 UTC 2012

Quoting webmaster at mairie-meyzieu.fr:

> DEAR ALL !
>
> is it possible for Horde 3 and horde 4 to coexist by sharing the
> same session (connecting to an ldap directory) and if so, how ??
> I think the answer is "NO" but horde is so full of resources...

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not (I'm not using ldap):

I have H3 and H4 both installed on my VPS.
I just have each in a different vhost using a different database.
They both connect fine to the Imap etc.
The main issue being of course that if you move from one to the other
you need to get your preferences all setup and get your personal
address book exported/imported.

Most of my users are using H3, there's just a couple of us playing
with H4 so far (I haven't publicly announced it to all the users).

> Thanks for your answer.
> Aude

Mark II