[horde] grandchild failed in cron

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Apr 4 08:22:43 UTC 2012

> PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice
> include_path=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php

> /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php/Horde/Perms/Sql.php on

> messages.

> >> After an upgrade of mysql in Debian I was able to clear the cache,
> >> but the grandchild error doesnt go away.
> >>
> >> I use memcache, the memcache application is installed, also an
> >> entry in php.ini has been created. php5-memcache is also installed.
> >
> > I still get the grandchild error.
> >
> > I use memcache as a backend.
> > I rebootet the server.
> > I cleared the horde cache.
> >
> > Error dont go away.
> >
> > Any ideas how can I proceed?
>
> I can verify that the grandchild PID is the same which is generated
> when running the Horde cron entry:
>
> cat /var/log/syslog |grep 1229
>
> Apr  4 08:35:01 webster /USR/SBIN/CRON[1229]: (root) CMD (root
> PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice php -d
> include_path=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php
> /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/horde-alarms > /dev/null 2>&1)
>
> Apr  4 08:35:01 webster /USR/SBIN/CRON[1228]: (CRON) error (grandchild
> #1229 failed with exit status 127)
>
> The entry in the crontab is:
>
> ##### Horde Alarms
> */5 * * * * root PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice
> php -d include_path=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php
> /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/horde-alarms > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> How can I fix this or work around?

Error 127 means "command not found", so there is something wrong with your cron or environment. Make sure you can execute "PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice  php -d include_path=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/horde-alarms" with the root user.

--
   Vilius