[horde] Turba several email addresses functionality lost

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Mon Apr 16 02:55:03 UTC 2012

----- Message from Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> ---------
    Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:10:46 -0400
    From: Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>
Subject: [horde] Turba several email addresses functionality lost
      To: Maillist-Horde <horde at lists.horde.org>

> Hi,  back in December 2011, I enabled the multiple email addresses in Turba
> as described very well in
> http://wiki.horde.org/TurbaExtraFields?referrer=HowTo  but for some
> reasons, now I am trying to send an email to an address which is no longer
> in my turba contact.  I quickly came to the conclusion that all contact's
> alternate emails were no longer available for some reasons..  I just HOPE
> doing the last Horde upgrade did not delete them from the SQL database...

Are the extra email fields / addresses that you created still in SQL or not?

>   The file 'turba/config/attributes.local.php' is still there with the info
> I put last dec 2011..  Everything remained the SAME except the update which
> I performed last week.
>
>   Id like to recover these other addresses for each contact.  How??

Until you verify if they are still in SQL, then I can't see how anyone
is going to be able to help you much. If they are not, then I would
suggest that you will need to look at recovering from SQL backup, and
working out what removed them. If they are still there, then you need
to re-verify the how-to process, and make sure that you changed
*.local.php and not something that has been overwritten by an upgrade.
FWIW (and I wrote the how-to) my multiple address set-up still works
fine, although I am yet to do this latest upgrade (I am on Turba 3 0
12, Horde 4 0 14).

>   Any help is very appreciated!
>
>   Louis-Philippe Allard
> lp.allard.1 at gmail.com