[horde] Horde4 Centos6

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Apr 18 11:06:08 UTC 2012

> >> since I now test with a CentOS6 installation I have a question.
> >>
> >> After installing pecl modules, and some more dependencies I found on
> >> horde.org from:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.horde.org/CentOS5InstallationNotes
> >> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
> >>
> >> I get the following error message in the logs when accessing the new
> >> Horde4 installation:
> >>
> >> [Wed Apr 18 12:19:14 2012] [error] [client 192.168.24.27] PHP Warning:
> >>   require_once(Horde/Autoloader/Default.php): failed to open stream:
> >> No such file or directory in
> >> /var/www/html/mauser.info/mailoffice/lib/core.php on line 47
> >> [Wed Apr 18 12:19:14 2012] [error] [client 192.168.24.27] PHP Fatal
> >> error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
> >> 'Horde/Autoloader/Default.php'
> >>
> (include_path='/var/www/html/mauser.info/mailoffice/lib:.:/usr/share/pea
> >> r:/usr/share/php') in
> /var/www/html/mauser.info/mailoffice/lib/core.php
> >> on line
> >> 47
> >
> > And does't Horde/Autoloader/Default.php exist in one of these paths?
> > If not, you didn't install it correctly.
>
> Yes, the file exists in:
>
> /var/www/html/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php/Horde/Autoloader/Defau
> lt.php

There is no such path in your include_path for PHP.

> >> When I browse to the page I get a blank page.
> >>
> >> I found a thread where it says to create a phpinfo.php file:
> >>
> >> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-
> 20110425/040563.html
> >>
> >> But also I get a blank page when accessing this file.
> >>
> >> I installed Horde in a separate Pear as shown here:
> >>
> >> http://www.bsntech.com/bsntech-blog-mainmenu-321/computers-
> >> mainmenu-281/6121-installing-horde-4-webmail-in-linux.html
> >
> > Why do you insist installing Horde into separate PEAR? It is for
> > particular rare cases only.
>
> I understand it so that if I upgrade the System and I had installed
> Horde into separate Pear then the System upgrade does not affect the
> Horde installation.
>
> What do you suggest? I am open for suggestions.

What do you mean by "upgrade the System"? Do you mean OS or global PEAR?

Horde uses separate PEAR channel anyway, so the only minor thing that can affect you during system upgrade would be upgrade of global PEAR package which is used by Horde *and* Horde will be incompatible with newer global PEAR package version. For example Net_SMTP of PEAR could be such one package. However this possibility is so low that it doesn't worth all the separate PEAR install work.

Most often separate PEAR installation is used when you don't have root access. Assuming that you can modify cronjobs on the machine I would suggest normal install.

--
    Vilius