[horde] Installing horde without access to pear/php cli

Johan Sandblom js at ndblom.se
Fri Apr 20 11:19:24 UTC 2012

Hi. I am attempting to install horde on a webhost where SSH access is
granted, but curiously PHP CLI access is not. Getting pear to install
was possible with some editing of files suggested by the PEAR mailing
list. After that, installing horde/horde-role in the PEAR web interface
was easy. However, the next step, running the post-install script

pear/PEAR/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php

is impossible without access to PHP on the command line. Looking at the
script it does not look like it does an inordinate amount of work, but
it is beyond me to figure out exactly what. Is it possible to edit the
appropriate configuration files manually, to achieve what the
post-install script does? If so, which are the appropriate files, and
what needs to be done?

Regards, Johan
--
Johan Sandblom

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite." -- Bertrand Russell