[horde] Installing horde without access to pear/php cli

Johan Sandblom js at ndblom.se
Fri Apr 20 12:43:05 UTC 2012

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:

> Please keep discussions on the list.
>
> Zitat von Johan Sandblom <js at ndblom.se>:
>
>> Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:

>>> I don't know which files exactly you need to edit, but what the script
>>> does is to set the 'horde_dir' configuration variable for the
>>> pear.horde.org' channel in the 'user' configuration. This should
>>> theoretically also be possible through the PEAR web interface.
>>
>> Yes, setting the directory was possible in the PEAR web
>> interface. I successfully installed horde/horde in
>> .../public_html/horde (or at least without error message). However,
>> pointing my browser to that address yields:
>>
>> Warning: require_once(Horde/Autoloader/Default.php)
>> [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or
>> directory in
>> /.../public_html/horde/lib/core.php on
>> line 47
>>
>> Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required
>> 'Horde/Autoloader/Default.php'
>> (include_path='/storage/content/86/148886/ndblom.se/public_html/horde/lib:.:/usr/lib64/php')
>> in /.../public_html/horde/lib/core.php
>> on line 47
>>
>> Any clues?
>
> Your include_path is incorrect. It doesn't point to your PEAR directory.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

OK. I see three elements in this path, the first pointing to
'/.../public_html/horde/lib', the second to '.', and the last to
'/usr/lib64/php'. I assume the second one should be altered to
'/.../pear/PEAR'. I tried putting

php_value include_path "/.../public_html/horde/lib:/.../pear/PEAR:/usr/lib64/php"

in

/.../public_html/horde/.htaccess

but with no effect, I get the same
error message, so this directive is apparently ignored.

I am not very experienced in this regard. Anything else I can try?

Johan

--
Johan Sandblom

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite." -- Bertrand Russell