[horde] External calendars and http proxy

steffo76 at gmx.de steffo76 at gmx.de
Wed May 2 14:09:04 UTC 2012

Hi list,

has anyone his horde4 behind a squid proxy and is able to retrieve external calendars ? In horde3 this used to work but in horde4 I'm getting an error 403 from the squid. horde then says

Problem reading data from http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/bla/public/basic.ics: stream_get_contents() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given

horde.log says INFO: HORDE [kronolith] Failed to retrieve remote calendar: url = "http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/bla/public/basic.ics", status = 403

Funnily enough I can download the .ics via browser using the same proxy. I have absolutely no idea why the squid rejects the requests from horde.

In addition the events from the other (local) calendars do not get displayed when the external calendar source is active.