[horde] Best OS base for H4

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Tue May 8 11:34:27 UTC 2012

Hi,
----- Nachricht von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com> ---------
      Datum: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:21:07 -0400
        Von: Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>
Antwort an: simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
    Betreff: Re: [horde] Best OS base for H4
         An: horde at lists.horde.org

> On May 8, 2012 5:49 AM, "Andreas Mauser" <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> ----- Nachricht von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> ---------
>>  Datum: Tue, 08 May 2012 11:32:37 +0200
>>    Von: Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>
>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Best OS base for H4
>>     An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> I cannot second. Debian/Ubuntu have been working horde4/5 environments
>>> in my development experience. I have not yet worked with the Horde 4
>>> debian packages yet.
>>>
>>> I can confirm that SLES11SP1/SLES11SP2 or openSUSE 12.1 is a good
>>> platform for using horde either from pear or from rpm's.
>>

>> No, I used only the Pear installation and not on the Distro's packages
> since with Pear I have more control I feel.
>
> Any problems I've had on Debian 6  - and there haven't been many - have
> been user related.  I'm very happy with Debian as my OS and always have
> been.

I believe you. But after this experience I wont use Debian 6 anymore for H4.
I did the same installation procedure on Debian 6 and CentOS 6 and the
one that works is CentOS6.
But maybe I still do things wrong, however, now it works very good,
and I just experience some minor errors which surely can be fixed
within this mailing list.

Kind regards,
Andreas