[horde] fgets() failure at install

Alexandre Aguiar asaguiar at asaguiar.net
Wed May 16 23:08:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

When H4 came to light I had to give it up. Install didn't even start. By
that time I hacked around scripts, xml and conf files without success.
The problem I found then is the same I report inhere. Have found no
solution either by myself or from the net. Although currently doing well
with other software, I used to enjoy H3 and decided to try once again
today. Note that I understand the problem is not Horde's. But it is one
that prevents Horde install in standard environments like mine.

Context: terminal, ssh access to a virtual machine in a shared server
running Linux x86_64. Brand new pear install. The very first commands are
just like Horde setup instructions:

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
pear install horde/horde_role
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role

After the last command the same problem found at H4 debut: repeated to
infinite error output of the following text:

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
CLI.php on line 304
* Enter an answer for #1: (Filesystem location for the base Horde
application)
Filesystem location for the base Horde application :
Notice: Use of undefined constant STDIN - assumed 'STDIN' in CLI.php on
line 304

The offending fgets() call looks absolutely normal as pointed out also
here
[http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6858629/non-interactive-enter-and-the-fgets-problem-different-behavior-with-go-pear-pha]
and is just like recommended by php manual
[http://php.net/manual/en/function.fgets.php]. This same error has been
reported to this list once
[http://marc.info/?l=imp&m=130363463631614&w=2] and, AFAIK, there was no
reply to the report.

This same problem has been reported in other occasions in relation to
other software but the only instance in which a solution seems to have
been found is the problem with APC that requires recompilation
[http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/apc-install-error-173431.html#post716491]. I
do not know if this apc thing is the root of the problem or just another
expression.

The failure seems to prevent the generation of some ascii conf file that I
would like so much to edit by myself to circumvent the problem. Found no
information to allow this basic hacking.

Any hints?

--

Alexandre

--