[horde] Upgrade From Horde 4.0.14 to 4.0.15 - Filters Problem

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 00:04:06 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Using Horde for a while now.  Upgrade to Horde 4 several months ago.  Since then, I have also updated a few minor releases here and there.

Recently (today), I just updated from Horde 4.0.14 to 4.0.15 using this command (I have a separate install for pear just for Horde):

/<location>/webmail/pear/pear -c /<location>/webmail/pear.conf upgrade-all

Everything seemed to go fine although this time, it told me that phpize was not found.  So I went to download the needed libraries for phpize and re-ran.  It asked me about where the ICU libraries and headers were and so I just hit enter to accept the default.  Apparently it still couldn't find the libraries (might not be installed).

Anyways, after the upgrade was completed, I logged back into Horde.  Horde Immediately deleted all of my items in my inbox because of filter rules (so it said).

I went into the configuration and did ensure that all modules for Horde were updated (Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.7 to 4.0.8 after the upgrade).

Luckily I had a backup of my e-mails since I have mirrored servers - so I copied them all back over.  Immediately when I went to my inbox, the filters again deleted everything out of my inbox.

I have about four rules setup - all looking for specific text in the subject or the To address.  They are set to permanently delete.  So I went in and disabled the filters, then restored e-mails.

No problems.  Went to the inbox and nothing was deleted.

But, these same exact filters were used in Horde 4.0.14 (Groupware Webmail 4.0.7) and they DID NOT have this same action.  They worked properly and only deleted the messages as tagged.

I then downgraded back to Horde 4.0.14, logged in, and re-enabled the filters.  Went to the inbox and nothing was deleted (as nothing should have been).

So, is there a difference with the newer version of Horde 4.0.15 that causes some kind of problems with the filters?  it is like any filter I had that said to permanently delete took over and deleted everything in the inbox.

Thank you!

Brian S.