[horde] Parallel install via Pear and Git?

Alex May alex at maymay.de
Sun Jun 24 16:57:17 UTC 2012

I am having difficulty with syncml and another user seems to have it working. The only difference seems to be that he has the latest
git version and I am using the pear version. I am therefore trying to install the git version too (ie in parallel with my pear
version). Is that possible?

Where I've got to is that when I try and call up my new git installation, I get kicked back to the pear installation.
If I try and 'php index.php' via the symlink to the git install, I get nothing at all (just returns to the command prompt).
The same happens if I switch to the symlinked directory and 'php index.php'
If I 'php index.php' in admin/config from the command line, I get a load of php which says DB access is not configured.
If I call that file through the webserver I get a message saying: 'A fatal error has occurred Not an admin and no configuration
permission Details have been logged for the administrator.'

Can anyone help me as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Alex May