[horde] Horde 4 on nginx.

Florian Brandner florian at brandner.net
Mon Jun 25 21:05:46 UTC 2012

Hi!

> I am trying to install Horde 4 group webmail on CentOS 6.2 64bit using
> nginx. So far I have failed.
>
> Has anyone tried Horde 4 on nginx? If yes, I would really like to know
> how it is done. The nginx config for Horde 4 would be great to have.
>
> Please share the nginx config, if someone has done it before.

Yep, I use Horde with nginx. My first problem was the configuration for
the php parameters. The following block works for me:

location ~ \.php {
   fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
   fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO          $fastcgi_path_info;
   fastcgi_param  PATH_TRANSLATED    $document_root$fastcgi_path_info;
   fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
   fastcgi_index  index.php;
   fastcgi_param HTTPS $php_https;
   fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
   include fastcgi_params;
}

Later I had to activate ActiveSync, I solved that with the following config:

location /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync {
   alias <PathToHordeInstallation>/rpc.php;
   fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
   fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO          $fastcgi_path_info;
   fastcgi_param  PATH_TRANSLATED    $document_root$fastcgi_path_info;
   fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
   fastcgi_index  index.php;
   fastcgi_param HTTPS $php_https;
   fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
   include fastcgi_params;
}

I hope that helps.

--