[horde] error messages don't show the real values

Dirk Dettmering dirk.dettmering at med.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jul 3 16:39:44 UTC 2012

Dear horde development team,

I just implemented some restrictions after our webmail system has been
abused. After adjusting max_timelimit, max_recipient, login_block_count
and login_block_time and testing these setting I noticed that none of
the error messages are using the real values. The error messages
corresponding to the first two parameters talk about 1 recipient per 24h
or per mail (see attached screenshots: Empfänger is german for
recipient) and the error message for a locked account just states "your
account has been locked" which really irritates our users because many
of them fear that they are locked out forever.
It would be really great if all error messages could use the actual
values and e.g. the login block error could be something like "your
account has been blocked for X minutes due to too many wrong login
attempts".

Thanks in advance

Dirk
--
Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH,
Dezernat 5 - Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) - Systembetrieb

Standort Marburg
Baldingerstraße
D-35043 Marburg

Telefon   (+49) 06421 - 58 66570
Telefax   (+49) 06421 - 58 64574
E-Mail: dirk.dettmering at uk-gm.de
url: http://www.ukgm.de

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Wolfgang Pföhler
Geschäftsführung: Martin Menger (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Werner Seeger (stv.
Vors.),
Dr. Christiane Hinck-Kneip, Prof. Dr. Jochen A. Werner
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Gießen
Amtsgericht Gießen HRB 6384