[horde] How to upgrade - was: Horde 5.0.0alpha1

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Fri Jul 6 15:34:20 UTC 2012

> Zitat von Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

>>> Of course, but only after the apps have stabilized.

>>> The same rules apply.

>>> pear -d preferred_state=alpha upgrade -a -B -c horde
>>> --
>>
>> Anyway to have a parallel installation?  I'd run it to a different
>> mysql database since I assume there are many schema changes and I
>> don't want to break the current version.  I'd like to kick the
>> tires on the new release but I don't have a spare system handy.
>
> You could do this if you are very experienced with Horde and you
> know what you are doing. We develop several versions on the same
> system at the same time. But without a spare system or trying that
> on a cloned VM, I wouldn't recommend it for less experienced users.
> --
> Jan Schneider

Prior to the php install method, I had the beta and production
versions installed, each pointing to their own mysql database.  Wasn't
hard at all.  If there's a quickie "howto" somewhere, I'm sure I can
figure it out.  I assume you need a new php installation directory, or
someway to install new horde php stuff without clobbering the
production stuff.  From there, just point the alpha horde to an
imported copy of the production mysql, have it upgrade the db, then
bob is your uncle.  Set apache to the new horde directory and begin
kicking tires.

brent