[horde] How to upgrade - was: Horde 5.0.0alpha1

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:47:55 UTC 2012

On 6 July 2012 11:34, Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com> wrote:

>> Zitat von Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

>>> Anyway to have a parallel installation?  I'd run it to a different mysql
>>> database since I assume there are many schema changes and I don't want to
>>> break the current version.  I'd like to kick the tires on the new release
>>> but I don't have a spare system handy.
>>

>> You could do this if you are very experienced with Horde and you know what
>> you are doing. We develop several versions on the same system at the same
>> time. But without a spare system or trying that on a cloned VM, I wouldn't
>> recommend it for less experienced users.
>> --
>> Jan Schneider
>

> Prior to the php install method, I had the beta and production versions
> installed, each pointing to their own mysql database.  Wasn't hard at all.
> If there's a quickie "howto" somewhere, I'm sure I can figure it out.  I
> assume you need a new php installation directory, or someway to install new
> horde php stuff without clobbering the production stuff.  From there, just
> point the alpha horde to an imported copy of the production mysql, have it
> upgrade the db, then bob is your uncle.  Set apache to the new horde
> directory and begin kicking tires.

I don't intend to convey laziness, but a short howto on how to run
this concurrently would a) be appreciated, b) mean I and other admins
can set it up and move some test users to it (whilst keeping the H4
production option, which would give the Horde community and devs
faster/better feedback on bugs/features/ERs/etc..

Simon