[horde] Fwd: How to upgrade - was: Horde 5.0.0alpha1

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jul 9 16:24:31 UTC 2012

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Simon Brereton
<simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> -----
   Datum: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:18:41 -0400
     Von: Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: [horde] How to upgrade - was: Horde 5.0.0alpha1
      An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

On 9 July 2012 11:41, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> Where do you see this? This needs correction. intl is already bundled
>>> with
>>> PHP 5.3.
>>

>> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
>> Section 4, item 2
>

> This is the installation docs for Horde 4.

I beg you to tell me where the Horde5 docs are hiding then.  You're
the one who alluded to a step-by-step instruction set.  It's not on
the website.  It doesn't appear to be in my install either.

Additionally, after going to the configuration interface, and going
through all the options I go this error:

A fatal error has occurred
Horde_Auth: Class definition of not found.
Details have been logged for the administrator.

My installation steps were:
/path/to/horde-beta/pear/pear -c /path/to/horde-beta/pear.conf
channel-discover pear.horde.org
/path/to/horde-beta/pear/pear -c /path/to/horde-beta/pear.conf install
horde/horde_role
/path/to/horde-beta/pear/pear -c /path/to/horde-beta/pear.conf
run-scripts horde/horde_role
/path/to/horde-beta/pear/pear -c /path/to/horde-beta/pear.conf -d
preferred_state=alpha install horde/horde
/path/to/horde-beta/pear/pear -c /path/to/horde-beta/pear.conf -d
preferred_state=alpha install horde/imp
/path/to/horde-beta/pear/pear -c /path/to/horde-beta/pear.conf -d
preferred_state=alpha install horde/turba

I'd assume that if horde_auth is a dependency of horde then it would
be installed without asking.  I don't want to use -a because I don't
need LDAP and a fair few other modules.

Trying to install it doesn't work.
  /usr/share/horde-beta/pear/pear -c /usr/share/horde-beta/pear.conf -d
preferred_state=alpha install horde/Horde_Auth
Ignoring installed package horde/Horde_Auth

The bizarre thing is that the conf.php is still the same one that I
just copied over from conf.php.dist - I'm not now not able to access
the install at all.

the test.php works, but http://horde-beta.example.net redirects to
http://www.login.php/?=g7vpnv26056grlrf91ff4i

Simon