[horde] How to upgrade - was: Horde 5.0.0alpha1

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Jul 10 11:00:24 UTC 2012

Am 10.07.12 12:13, schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Zitat von Götz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>:

>> <...>

>>> pear -d preferred_state=alpha upgrade -a -B -c horde
>>
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> I do get
>>
>> ... is already installed and is the same as the released version ....
>>
>> -> upgrade failed
>>
>> for all horde/... apps/parts.
>
> Please follow the thread. Someone already mentioned that it only seems
> to work if using:
>
> pear upgrade -a -B horde/horde-alpha ...

I tried and I did follow the thread, but there are so much individual
setups and try and error, that the thread is truncated/a bit of messed
up, so it is easy to miss a piece.

And ONE official or coordinated How to / wiki would be very very helpful
to all of us.

I'm not a developer, but like to help in testing. And as mentioned in a
lot of treads especially from newbies and sysadmins with more task than
just setting up mail/horde systems all the time, the horde doc IS
sometimes confusing or requires knowledge between the lines..

e.g. I had to install compiler and dev-packages and have to get used to
pear and figure out what might be missing on my system which is a plain
RH EL 6.x. Or that selinux had to be adjusted.

Long story short: I'd like to help to set up a documentation and share
my experiences.

>> I set up a new Test webmail-system ( pear install -a -B horde/webmail )
>> and like to provide a How To with the pitfalls I hit etc ... when the
>> upgrade to the alpha is done ;)
>
> That won't work. There are only alpha releases for Horde, IMP, Ingo and
> Turba.

I hoped/thought, because one of my first question was:

a pear upgrade -a -B horde/webmail would be very nice

and your answer was

'pear -d preferred_state=alpha upgrade -a -B -c horde '

	I appreciate the horde developers work, so long . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: