[horde] Horde 5.0.0beta1

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Fri Jul 20 00:47:34 UTC 2012

> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first beta release of the Horde
> Application Framework version 5.0.0.
>
> The Horde Application Framework is a flexible, modular, general-purpose web
> application framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of
> components that are targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in
> developing modern web applications. It is the basis for a large number of
> production-level web applications, notably the Horde Groupware
> suites. For more
> information on Horde or the Horde Groupware suites, visit
> http://www.horde.org.
>
> IMPORTANT! This is a preview version that should not be used on production
> systems. This version is not feature complete yet and there are likely to be
> bugs. You should not use this preview version with existing production data.
>
> We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
> tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
> might still change before the release candidates are prepared.
>
> For upgrading instructions, please see
> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING
>
> For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
>
> The major changes compared to the Horde version 5.0.0alpha1 are:
>     * Further improved user interface.
>     * Small improvements.
>
> Known issues:
>    * The new user interface and icon theme is not complete yet.
>
> The full list of changes can be viewed here:
>
> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/86cbf9e5a8d89b09c53eaeb5b2b3377a4ed3c9f7/horde/docs/CHANGES
>
> Have fun!
>
> The Horde Team.

Looks like no Horde_DataTree in the beta release at the
moment...prevents pear updates.  Only the alpha is being shown.  Could
be others, but at least this one prevents others from installing.

#  ./pear upgrade --alldeps horde/Horde_Perms
horde/Horde_Perms requires package "horde/Horde_DataTree" (version >=
2.0.0beta1, version <= 3.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 3.0.0alpha1),
installed version is 2.0.0alpha1
No valid packages found
upgrade failed

brent