[horde] Horde 5.0.0beta1

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Fri Jul 20 14:16:37 UTC 2012

> Zitat von Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

>>> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first beta release of the Horde
>>> Application Framework version 5.0.0.
>>>
>>> The Horde Application Framework is a flexible, modular, general-purpose web
>>> application framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of
>>> components that are targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in
>>> developing modern web applications. It is the basis for a large number of
>>> production-level web applications, notably the Horde Groupware
>>> suites. For more
>>> information on Horde or the Horde Groupware suites, visit
>>> http://www.horde.org.
>>>
>>> IMPORTANT! This is a preview version that should not be used on production
>>> systems. This version is not feature complete yet and there are
>>> likely to be
>>> bugs. You should not use this preview version with existing
>>> production data.
>>>
>>> We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists
>>> or our bug
>>> tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
>>> might still change before the release candidates are prepared.
>>>
>>> For upgrading instructions, please see
>>> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING
>>>
>>> For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
>>> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
>>>
>>> The major changes compared to the Horde version 5.0.0alpha1 are:
>>>   * Further improved user interface.
>>>   * Small improvements.
>>>
>>> Known issues:
>>>  * The new user interface and icon theme is not complete yet.
>>>
>>> The full list of changes can be viewed here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/86cbf9e5a8d89b09c53eaeb5b2b3377a4ed3c9f7/horde/docs/CHANGES
>>>
>>> Have fun!
>>>
>>> The Horde Team.
>>
>> Looks like no Horde_DataTree in the beta release at the
>> moment...prevents pear updates.  Only the alpha is being shown.
>
> Horde_DataTree has been dropped. Unfortunately I missed to remove
> some (optional) dependencies on DataTree.
>
>> Could be others, but at least this one prevents others from installing.
>>
>> #  ./pear upgrade --alldeps horde/Horde_Perms
>> horde/Horde_Perms requires package "horde/Horde_DataTree" (version
>> >= 2.0.0beta1, version <= 3.0.0alpha1, excluded versions:
>> 3.0.0alpha1), installed version is 2.0.0alpha1
>> No valid packages found
>> upgrade failed
>
> Since you upgrade, you can try running without the --alldeps flags.

Ok.  I removed Horde_DataTree, and I got a few more pear modules
installed.  I am still getting some errors on versions that I have
(with or without the alldeps flag).

Now it is Horde_Vfs, Horde_Routes and Horde_Core.  I'm trying to get
my alpha install upgraded to the beta.

# ./pear upgrade horde/Horde_Core
Package "pear.horde.org/Horde_Core" dependency
"pear.horde.org/Horde_ElasticSearch" has no releases
Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_ElasticSearch,
horde/Horde_Form, horde/Horde_Vfs, use --alldeps to download
automatically
horde/Horde_Core can optionally use package
"horde/Horde_ElasticSearch" (version >= 2.0.0beta1, version <=
3.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 3.0.0alpha1)
horde/Horde_Core requires package "horde/Horde_Form" (version >=
2.0.0beta1, version <= 3.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 3.0.0alpha1),
installed version is 2.0.0alpha1
horde/Horde_Core requires package "horde/Horde_Routes" (version >=
1.1.0, version <= 2.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 2.0.0alpha1),
installed version is 2.0.0beta1
horde/Horde_Core requires package "horde/Horde_Vfs" (version >=