[horde] Horde 5.0.0beta2

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Sun Jul 22 11:27:53 UTC 2012

On 07/21/2012 05:25 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the second beta release of the Horde
> Application Framework version 5.0.0.
>
> The Horde Application Framework is a flexible, modular, general-purpose web
> application framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of
> components that are targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in
> developing modern web applications. It is the basis for a large number of
> production-level web applications, notably the Horde Groupware suites.
> For more
> information on Horde or the Horde Groupware suites, visit
> http://www.horde.org.
>
> IMPORTANT! This is a preview version that should not be used on production
> systems. This version is not feature complete yet and there are likely
> to be
> bugs. You should not use this preview version with existing production
> data.
>
> We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or
> our bug
> tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
> might still change before the release candidates are prepared.
>
> For upgrading instructions, please see
> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING
>
> For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
>
> The major changes compared to the Horde version 5.0.0beta1 are:
>      * Fixed dependency on deprecated library.
>      * Small bugfixes.
>
> Known issues:
>     * The new user interface and icon theme is not complete yet.
>
> The full list of changes can be viewed here:
>
> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/179792af98ce720b945014ed4ad6127d698f5db5/horde/docs/CHANGES
>

> Have fun!
>
> The Horde Team.

[root at horde5 ~]# pear -d preferred_state=beta upgrade-all -B
Will upgrade channel://pear.horde.org/horde
horde/horde requires package "horde/Horde_Service_Weather" (version >=
1.0.0beta1, version <= 2.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 2.0.0alpha1),
installed version is 2.0.0beta1
No valid packages found
upgrade-all failed

I can get around the problem using this method. Needed second removal
and install of Horde_Service_Weather because the upgrade command
installs version 1.12 .

pear uninstall horde/Horde_Service_Weather
pear -d preferred_state=beta upgrade -a -B
pear uninstall horde/Horde_Service_Weather
pear -d preferred_state=beta install --force horde/Horde_Service_Weather