[horde] SyncML home/workcountry doesn't use Horde_Nls

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Aug 7 13:30:19 UTC 2012

Citeren Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> When I enter the home/workcountry for a contact, the countries are
>> listed dutch (the active locale) here. However, when I sync the
>> contacts with my mobile phone through SyncML, they show up
>> translated to english.
>>
>> Possibly related to this, if I enter a new contact on my mobile
>> phone and happen to enter the home/workcountry in dutch (instead of
>> english) the country is not sync'd at all.
>>
>> Is there a reason for not using the active locale for syncing trough SyncML?
>
> We might already do this, did you try setting your language in the
> preferences explicitly?

Yes, it is set. When entering a home/workcountry in Turba, the list of
countries is shown in the configured language setting (and follows a
change in the language setting in the preferences). However, the data
sent to the phone seems to ignore the language from the preferences
and therefor it will not be translated. This looks a little weird.
I'll post the data collected in /tmp/sync later today.

> Beside that, since you already noticed that the client might allow a
> free-text field for the country, or may send the language in English
> or translated, it's nearly impossible to synchronize this field
> reliably.

Agreed.

Best regards, Arjen