[horde] Vacation in Horde 4

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Aug 7 14:53:17 UTC 2012

>>> Now our customers can manage autoresponder only by the control
>>> panel, the control panel can add/remove autoresponder in two
>>> ways:
>>>
>>> - INSERT/DELETE rows in MySQL - run a shell script command that
>>> add rows in mysql
>>>
>>> Editing .qmail files is only necessary one time (when we add a
>>> new domain), thanks to our special server configuration, and we
>>> can skip this step.
>>>
>>> From the point of view of Horde Ingo is easier to insert row in
>>> MySQL or run command?
>>
>> It doesn't matter actually. If you want your driver to be
>> accepted upstream though, I would suggest writing a *transport*
>> SQL driver for Qmail, instead of executing custom commands.
>> /ingo/lib/Transport/Ldap.php could be one such *structural*
>> example. And you still would need to write a *script* driver as I
>> mentioned earlier, so that Ingo would know Qmail syntax.
>
> Thanks :-)
>
>>> One last question, in my Ingo configuration only whitelist and
>>> blacklist are visible, how can show Vacation?
>>
>> It depends on the driver. The driver you are using doesn't
>> support Vacations most probably.
>>

> True, the default driver was imap.

I think enhancing Ingo is better than reviving vacation.
Ingo has two concepts:

A script driver to actually generate the commands in the filter
language (sieve, procmail, qmailrc etc)

A transport driver which defines how the command script is supplied to
the mail server (ftp, timsieved, ldap schemas, etc)

You need at least the first sort of drivers for qmail support.
You can code it yourself or hire a horde developer.

- --
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Tel.: +49-170-6381563