[horde] Horde RPC API (XML-RPC) possibilities

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Mon Aug 13 15:05:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

The Horde wiki (http://wiki.horde.org/Project/HordeImapLib) proudly
advertises the technical excellence of Horde_Imap_Client, which sounds
really good.
I wonder, will it be possible to use it from the RPC API with JSON and
XML-RPC? Or is this possible now? (I couldn't figure out how, apart from
the few exposed functions, which are not enough for complete
mail-related operations)
Other modules have a broader spectrum of method-availability, but IMP
seems to lack these features (judging from the documentation:
http://dev.horde.org/api/imp/).

With a nearly complete API coverage, Horde could be the basis for other
services (for example rapid interface development for existing systems),
by doing the heavy lifting itself (handling e-mails/IMAP, contacts etc).

Thanks,