[horde] Active Sync: sending to Horde

Nils Hoven horde at nevoh.net
Wed Aug 22 08:34:07 UTC 2012

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Frank Kirschner <frank at celebrate.de>:
>
>> Hi Friends,
>>
>> I'v got working very well my first Horde Installation and set up ActiveSync
>> function. My Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 3.x is now connected with
>> Horde. It's shown in the ActiveSync device list. Also manual syncs initiated
>> by the mobile device are running without any errors. But turba and kronolith
>> inside Horde are empty. My contacts and kalendar in the mobile is full.
>>
>> What can I do to send my contacts and kalendar from the mobile device via
>> activesync to horde?
>
> You can't. The ActiveSync protocol doesn't support this.
> --

I've dealt with this problem a few weeks ago on my Motorola Milestone
2, it should work similarly on the Galasy S2. Export your contacts to
the SD-Card and then reimport the vcf-file into the Horde Corpotate
Sync account you created on the mobile. Be aware though that there are
some shortcomings concerning multiple phone numbers and email
adresses; not every contact field of the android phone is synced via
ActiveSync.

Nils