[horde] Install problem

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Sep 19 13:57:15 UTC 2012

Quoting Bob Brunius <rbrunius at gmail.com>:

> I'm new to this list and maybe this is not the right place for this
> question so I apologize in advance if it's wrong.
>
> I'm new to the list and I need help with installing Horde Groupeware
> Webmail Edition 4.0. I followed the instructions at
> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL
> and all went well. A mysql database was created during the install and it
> is full of tables. http://my-domain/webmail/test.php works and is in good
> shape. If I enter http://my-domain/webmail I get the login screen but I
> have no user accounts. I can't log in. How do I create a user account?
> An administration account would be useful?

With Horde Groupware Webmail edition, your IMAP users == your horde
users. I.e., any person with an account on your IMAP server can login
to Horde with their IMAP credentials. You set an admin account by
adding an existing IMAP user to the list of admins during the setup
script, or by editing horde/config/conf.php directly.  If your IMAP
server is not on the same box as Horde, you will need to provide the
server configuration in imp/config/servers.local.php

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org