[horde] Install problem

Bob Brunius rbrunius at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:47:28 UTC 2012

Micheal,

There was no servers.php file in my imp/config folder and I can't find
documentation on the horde web site. I dug around on the web for a clue how
to create one and added this ( "<-" my comments here only):

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',         <- I assume any name I want to cal
this connection
    'server' => 'imap.gmail.com',
    'hordeauth' => true,            <- don't know what this is for
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl',      <- my guess, Gmail is SSL
    'port' => 993,
    'maildomain' => '',            <- I'm using virtual domains so there
would be a few
    'smtphost' => 'smtp.gmail.com',
    'smtpport' => 465,
    'realm' => '',        <- Like the British Empire?
    'preferred' => '',   <- ???
);

When I use these IMAP values info in the form from the IMP link in my horde
installed test.php script it reports a successful connection. However when
I try to use the horde log in with my credentials it reports: Remote server
is down. Please try again later.

What is the difference between server.php and server.local.php? I've got
horde in an aliased folder under Apache and want to use one install of
horde for a number of virtual domains under one ip address. That part seems
to be working just fine.