[horde] trouble with horde upgrade / reinstall

Joe @ 3ZZZ joe at 3zzz.net
Sun Oct 14 15:28:22 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I haven't looked at horde in a while and was excited to see all the
activity and development since 2010.  I attempted to upgrade horde
from 3.3.8 by simply following the current pear installation steps
right into the same directory where my existing horde is. (not on the
production server but on a copy which is to become the new server)

After that I only had an error about missing Horde_Registry, I'm sure
my issue falls into:
http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot?referrer=FAQ%%2FAdmin#toc7

But it's not clear how to correct this.  I tried moving the horde
folder out of the way and creating a new empty one but the pear
install command tells me horde's already installed and up to date.  I
tried creating a new horde folder in a new location, and I tried
recompiling php with the same end results.

  # pear install -a -B horde/horde-beta
   horde/horde is already installed and is the same as the released
version 5.0.0beta6
   install failed

I know I could re-install the OS and start over but at this point I'd
really hope to not have to go that far.  Is there some easier way to
reinstall horde from this point, something else I could try?

Thank you very much in advance,
Joe