[horde] imp and mailer

Uttiya Chowdhury chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 09:24:39 UTC 2012

Hi Jan,
For my use application, I have horde installed in a local server, but our mail is hosted externally. I would like horde to use local server SMTP or sendmail to send out it's own messages. But the horde users need to get mail through external server.

In any case, what I meant by "that section in IMP" is the backends.php in imp/config folder. My backends.php looks like:

==
$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'hostspec' => 'imap.asia.secureserver.net',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'secure' => false,
    'smtp' => array(
        'auth' => true,
        'localhost' => 'localhost',
        'host' => 'smtpout.asia.secureserver.net',
        'password' => null,
        'port' => 80,
        'username' => null
         ),
    'maildomain' => 'ces.com',
    'cache' => true
);
==
So, if backends.php has the provision of specifying an SMTP server, I hoped that this section would override horde's mailer configuration for IMP's purposes. If not, then IMP backends.php should not accept an SMTP section.

Just my thoughts on how I expected it to be.

Thanks.

UC