[horde] Use of the HORDE product : GNU/GPL conformity case ?

Stuart C. Naifeh scnaifeh at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:06:09 UTC 2012

It might not be a violation of the GPL, but it could still be a violation
of the Horde trademark to use the name "Horde" on a crippled version of the
product.  But it all depends on the terms of Horde LLC's licensing of its
mark.

Mozilla restricts to a certain extent when the Firefox name can be applied
to a browser based on its source code. Only unmodified distributions of
official stable release's can be called Firefox.  If you modify it or if
you distribute a beta, you can't call it Firefox or use the Firefox icon or
other Firefox artwork.