[horde] Horde 5: Display preferences -> Color scheme : only Default available ?

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:28:32 UTC 2012

On 3 November 2012 17:40, Bruno Costacurta <techie at costacurta.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>> your new theme.

>> setup in the file custom/info.php.

>> different visual result? Just renaming a theme will not magically change
>> the appearance. You'd have to customize ths .css files in the theme (and
>> if
>> you'd like, the graphics) to your liking to get a different result.

>>> Copying or customizing the .css ??
>>> I suppose this is only for technical or developers.
>>>
>>> The lost of functionalities from previous Horde4 is simply sad.
>>

>> Would you have preferred to wait months for some colours over having
>> ActiveSync for emails now?  What prevents you from customising the theme
>> and contributing it back?  The functionality is not lost only customising
>> css is not a job to waste resources on.
>>
>> Simon
>

> I do not intend to blame Horde5, neither I presume the calendar for the
> future Horde5 functionalities or available resources, neither I use
> ActiveSync.
>
> I was just mentioning the lost of functionalities from Horde4.
>
> I'll be more than please to contribute with customized themes.
> So how to customizing theme within Horde5 ?
> I mean something accessible for a 'normal' user, not a developer.

Trust me, I'm a normal user - not a developer.  Since you seem to have
access to the server to install and inspect horde files, you have
everything you need.

I recommend Google Chrome (or Chromium) for this.  Watch this video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K29T0pIUQkE

Since you already copied the default and theme and renamed it, you
should now select this theme and log in.  Using Chrome you can hover
over elements and identify them and even change the colour codes
(usually #dddddd where d is a digit) to your liking, then when you're
happy you can change it in your renamed file on the server and when
you refresh your changes should now be permanent.

Simon