[horde] Horde 5: Display preferences -> Color scheme : only Default available ?

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:34:40 UTC 2012

On 3 November 2012 17:46, Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:

> ----- Nachricht von Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>   Datum: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 17:01:17 -0400
>     Von: Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Horde 5: Display preferences -> Color scheme : only
> Default available ?
>      An: Bruno Costacurta <techie at costacurta.org>
>      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>  On Nov 3, 2012 4:40 PM, "Bruno Costacurta" <techie at costacurta.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

>>> Copying or customizing the .css ??
>>> I suppose this is only for technical or developers.
>>>
>>> The lost of functionalities from previous Horde4 is simply sad.
>>>

>> Would you have preferred to wait months for some colours over having
>> ActiveSync for emails now?  What prevents you from customising the theme
>> and contributing it back?  The functionality is not lost only customising
>> css is not a job to waste resources on.
>>

> I like it. It's a common looking interface, including the sexy portal
> page, and doesn't lack 'functionalities'.
> It lacks themes by today, but it seems all working, like sync, s/mime and
> pgp.
>
> But as an information for the community and the developers, which themes
> would you like to see in H5?

For one there should be a sight-impaired option.  The current theme is
sort-of high-contrast, so that's okay (I imagine, I'm not sight-impaired so
I may be wrong), but it's quite small so, I feel like sight-impaired people
would appreciate a theme with larger text (rather than just CTRL++ which
may not always work).

And at least for me, the grey in the current theme is too close to the
operating system window decoration, making it hard to see in the window - I
feel that even though it's a web-app it should be distinct from the browser
window.

Simon