[horde] Signature

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Tue Nov 6 21:54:58 UTC 2012

----- Nachricht von Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt> ---------
   Datum: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 23:38:59 +0200
     Von: Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Signature
      An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 11:25:34 PM, you wrote:
>
>> my 2 cents..
>
>> ----- Nachricht von Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt> ---------
>>    Datum: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 23:14:27 +0200
>>      Von: Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>
>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Signature
>>       An: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>>> Sveiki,

>>> This is unrelated problem. If you say that profiles should be separate
>>> from  signatures,  then  yes,  that  could  be useful addition in some
>>> *edge* cases.
>
>> In our case it's like Simon said.

>>> In  theory, there should be no cases where you don't need a signature at
>>> all.   Just   make  "Simon"  a  default  one  and  there, you have it,
>>> all new emails with simple "no signature" writing.
>
>> I do not fully agree. Different Users, different use cases. Sales
>> users e.g. would use different signatures for different customers,
>> regarding events for example, where partners don't receive the same
>> signature 'subtitle' as end customers do. But that's just one of many.
>> And some time I just don't want a signature to be attached, see this
>> mailing list (using different profile with NO signature...)
>
> And that's just bad manners IMHO.

It doesn't prevent me from writing my own ending words at the end of an email.
But would it be a major redesign or H5? There is already a dropdown
menu 'More functions (Weitere Funktionen)' which only has one option
at this time. This would be a good place where Horde could place the
signatures dropdown.

>> Adding such use cases to the sum of email profiles can also be annoying.
>> I still would like to see a dropdown menu, where I can choose from my
>> different pre-designed signatures - like MS Outlook has. I feel
>> improving signatures can be an additional and good business driver for
>> Horde, helping users doing their work done (as fast as possible, but
>> not faster)
>
> Current  IMP  implementation  from  MS Outlook differs only if you are
> using  different  E-Mail/Name  for  different  customers. If not, it's
> still the same drop-down. I know, because I use both and I don't see a
> difference.

I also use different profiles for having signature or not, but still
not feeling comfortable to keep more profiles for different use. But
you are right, using profiles gives me very similar/ the same effect.

Regards,
Andreas