[horde] Problems with adding events to calendar from IMP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Nov 9 14:39:01 UTC 2012

Zitat von Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:

> Hallo list,
>
> after the upgrade to Horde Groupware 5.0.1 I'm experiencing several
> problems when I try to accept an invitation and add the event to my
> calendar.
>
> In case 1 the event is correctly added to my calendar but the answer
> to the person who invented me is not send with the following error:
>
> 2012-11-09T11:44:32+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE [imp] Fehler beim Versenden
> der Antwort: No From: address has been provided [pid 25778 on line
> 27 of
> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Notification/Handler/Decorator/Hordelog.php"]
>
> This look like I had not configured an address to answer these
> invitations. All of my identities have valid From-Addresses so I'm
> not sure what to do now.

Does the event organizer provide an email address in the invitation?
If not, it's completely useless.

> In case 2 the event is neither added to the calendar nor the answer
> is sent. The error message below says that there is an invalid
> timezone:
>
> 2012-11-09T13:06:24+01:00 DEBUG: HORDE [kronolith]
> DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (W. Europe
> Standard Time) [pid 25779 on line 27 of
> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Notification/Handler/Decorator/Hordelog.php"]
>
> As in case 1 the event is correctly added, is it possible that the
> wrong timezone is provided by the person who invited me and that
> this is not a horde error? I use the follwing line in Horde's
> conf.php:

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: "W. Europe Standard Time" is not a valid time zone name,
unfortunately iCalendar allows to make up your own time zone names
though and provide the DST rules with the event. We ignore those rules
though, because we simply cannot work with arbitrary DST rules. No one
can, so I doubt *any* client or server on this world is really using
those. That's why *every* sane client uses Olsen time zone names when
sending iCalendar objects. So: technically that client might be
correct, but it's still completely broken when it comes to common
sense. Assuming that it really uses that name, which I cannot tell for
sure unless you provide that invitation.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project