[horde] Errors Preventing Upgrade To Horde 5

Gordon Dickens gordon at dickens.com
Wed Nov 14 11:27:39 UTC 2012

Hi Oscar,

All that is covered in your referenced "UPGRADING" link is how to
migrate data. In my case, that is not necessary since I have my
$conf['datatree']['driver'] parameter set to "None". In other words,
although horde_datatree is installed, I am not using it and there is not
any reason to migrate data.

I did figure out the solution to my problem.  That is, I simply needed
to remove horde_datatree with:

pear uninstall horde/horde_datatree

The upgrade then proceeded without any problems.

I recommend that the documentation be amended to cover this issue. That
is, if horde_datatree is installed from prior Horde 3/4 versions then
you need to uninstall it prior to upgrading to Horde 5.

Also, the Horde 5 application modules, such as Imp, would not load
initially and I had to reinstall horde-core with the command:

pear install -f horde/Horde_Core

After which, Imp and the other apps started working correctly.

FYI,

Gordon