[horde] same mailbox but different results depending on IMAP or POP

Wilhelm Tonsern wilhelm.tonsern at aon.at
Wed Nov 14 11:57:18 UTC 2012

My mailbox can be connected via both ways as IMAP as well as POP (same
username, password, hostname; different ports); this works fine using local mail
clients (e.g. Thunderbird).
But depending on my HORDE-login (using IMP as authenticator) into either IMAP
or POP server I get different results:
in the case of IMAP I see my Inbox as I can see it with Thunderbird too.
in the case of POP I see an empty Inbox
In both cases I can send emails using the same SMTP server (defined in main
conf.php)...
I don’t run a local mailserver (dovecat...)
thank you for any advice!!

IMAP: /var/www/horde/imp/config/backends.d/10-imap.php
$servers['imap'] = array(
'disabled' => false,
'name' => 'IMAP',
'hostspec' => 'securemail.myISP.net',
'hordeauth' => false,
'protocol' => 'imap',
'port' => 993,
'secure' => 'ssl',
'maildomain' => 'myISP.org',
'smtp' => array(
),
'acl' => false,
'cache' => false,
);
POP: /var/www/horde/imp/config/backends.d/11-pop.php
$servers['pop'] = array(
'disabled' => false,
'name' => 'POP',
'hostspec' => 'securemail.myISP.net',