[horde] Horde update, not getting errors in log

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Tue Nov 20 22:48:31 UTC 2012

> Quoting "John H. Bennett III" <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Today I did a pear update, via pear upgrade -B -c horde, and now I
>> see these errors when logging into the system.
>>
>> Nov 20 12:13:08 www HORDE: [imp] PHP ERROR: openssl_encrypt() [<a
>> href='function.openssl-encrypt'>function.openssl-encrypt</a>]:
>> Using an empty Initialization Vector (iv) is potentially insecure
>> and not recommended [pid 2919 on line 37 of
>> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Crypt/Blowfish/Openssl.php"]
>
> This was fixed over 2 years ago in PHP:
>
> http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=304179
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

Thanks Michael for responding.

All I can report is these log messages didn't appear in my log
yesterday or today, until after I updated my horde install today.  I
don't know what changed that all of a sudden made these appear.  From
your link, I believe this is just log noise and I can ignore.  If not,
I don't know how to fix it myself anyway, so I'll continue testing and
see if they cause any real issues.

Thank you again,

John