[horde] [resolved] Re: Horde5 and Opera/Konqueror

steffo76 at gmx.de steffo76 at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 10:00:04 UTC 2012

> Your list of packages looks like mine, except I've installed the beta
> version of Gollem, too.I suspect the error lies somewhere outside of the
> Horde framework, such as old session information stored somewhere, you web
> server configuration, or your proxy configuration.

It turned out to be a cookie problem. If I turn off cookies in Opera and set $conf['session']['use_only_cookies'] = false; I can log on using Opera.

I tried different session handlers but that didn't change anything. It looked like Opera and Konqueror had a cookie monster problem in general or with horde in this scenario.

As it turns out this is the case- the server on which I am configuring and testing horde doesn't have a dns entry, I access it via its ip. Firefox doesn't seem to have a problem with that, Opera and Konqueror do. After I made the ip resolvable and access horde via hostname everything works just fine. I don't know if this is related but if I take a look at the cookies in firefox the cookie domain is the ip of the host. In Opera it shows up as <ip>.local and in Konqueror it says .<ip>.

Thanks for bearing with me
Stephan