[horde] sent mails are not saved in sent-mail

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Wed Nov 28 10:48:09 UTC 2012

Am 2012-11-28 11:16, schrieb Lukas Gradl:
> Am 2012-11-28 10:19, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
>> Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:

>>> I ugraded to Horde_Imap_Client-2.2.3 this morning. The first tests
>>> didn't work (Error: Unrecognized command [pid 8713 on line 390 of
>>> "/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]) but during the preparations for
>>> getting some debug-traces it magically started to work. Very strange...
>>>
>>> But since then it worked as expected so I consider that fixed, too.
>>
>> Well.. you will probably see this every time you login.  Since the
>> APPEND command needs to fail first before we can catch this failure and
>> downgrade to lesser behavior.
>>
>> The real solution remains to upgrade your server to a fixed version.
>> There is a performance penalty for working around this broken server
>> behavior.
>
> Is there a possibility to tell horde to always use the lesser behavior?
> Upgrading the cyrus-installation is a major task due to the number of
> users and all other clients don't show that problem.
>
> Perhaps some setting to switch to the workaround?
>
> That would be really great...

And a little addition: For the first mail after logon imp still tells
that it can't save to sent mail folder, but despite the error message
the mail IS saved to sent mail folder....

In the log there is an error message as well:
Nov 28 11:43:51 horde HORDE: [imp] Der E-Mail-Server hat einen
IMAP-Fehler gemeldet. Unrecognized command [pid 9519 on line 390 of
"/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]

But - as I said - the mail is in sent mail folder as expected...

regards
Lukas