[horde] sent mails are not saved in sent-mail

Norbert Schlia nschlia at oblivion-software.de
Wed Nov 28 12:16:21 UTC 2012

Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes <at> ebira.de> writes:

> > Have you tried using 'capability_ignore' in
> > imp/config/backends.local.php to make IMP ignore the (broken) BINARY
> > capability from Cyrus? AFAIK this is exactly the type of use for
> > this parameter.
> >
> > Best regards, Arjen
>
> Do you think that Michael's patches are needed anyway if one can
> circumvent the cyrus-bug like this? It sounds like the patches are
> workarounds about which Michael is not very happy.

I just tried that one:

/imp/config/backends.local.php:

$servers['advanced']['capability_ignore'] = array
(
   'BINARY'
);

Now the error message about the mail not being saved when sending the first
one after login is not shown, and it is also saved to sent.

I have no older installation of horde at hand (that still has the bug), so I
can't check if this fixes the problem without the workarounds.

It seems that the only implication is using more bandwidth which is, in my
case, of no concern as the mail server and horde run on the same machine and
basically talk to each other via localhost.

I'll have an eye on it if there's another prolem now, but it seems to me that
that one os fixed.